Friday, August 6, 2010

6 days to go... I need to upgrade the Seasonal Pass

With less than a week to go until the August Crewunion WDW trip, I have realized something: I can't get into the parks with my Florida Resident Seasonal Pass. OK- I still hold a Florida Driver License for real reasons (actually, it has been like a magnet trying to bring me back permanently ever since I left), so I have taken advantage of the Florida Resident Seasonal Passport for the last few years.

The Florida Resident Seasonal Passport is a GREAT value in that it is all-year admission only blocked out during peak times (Summer, Christmas, Spring Break) and is only about $275. In other words, not included are dates when given a choice you would AVOID AT ALL COSTS (unless you have an Unofficial Guide and a Touringplans.com subscription in your arsenal).

Well, the Summer block out period doesn't end until August 20th, so I need to step it up and splurge. In addition, there is a Crew day in Typhoon Lagoon on Friday planned. So do I go to the Annual (and pay one day at a Water Park) or go for the Premium Annual (with Water Parks/Disney Quest included)?

Aside from the actual upgrade price, the difference in the two passes is approx. $120 (considering the prorated time remaining in the SP until my renewal date next June 2011). A one day Water Park ticket is $48 for FL residents. That means two trips to the Water Parks and a night a Disney Quest in the next year to justify it, right? Did I just convince myself?

OH, one more thing: As I have shared in the past, I am VERY seriously considering/planning a move back to Orlando. If I do it... I am planning to execute this plan within the next 4-6 months. An Annual Passport with parking included and no block out dates was going to be in my future no matter what. Having a Premium Annual Passport would allow me to hang with and meet up with friends I know today and will discover tomorrow. OK- I am now convinced. Thanks for talking it over with me. You are a great friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment